Halloween @ School: Tips & Tricks
Posted 09/27/2019 03:36PM
We're looking forward to seeing students in their Halloween costumes on October 31! We have a few traditions we like to observe each year - including a Lower School costume parade to the Upper School. But first, we know many of you plan ahead for the big day, so we wanted to share some guidelines for a fun and safe Halloween at school:
- Costumes? Students are welcome to wear costumes to school. If they prefer not to, they should wear their regular uniforms.
- No realistic weapons, please. A wand, plastic light saber or lasso are OK; toy guns and knives are not.
- Nothing valuable, irreplaceable, or that is likely to break down before the real show begins in the evening with Trick or Treating!
- Closed toe shoes for toe safety! Princess heels just don't cut it on the blacktop or in gravel.
- Costume Parade: LS students will have their annual costume parade to the US, where they will be admired and Trick-or-Treat from classroom to classroom. Parents are welcome to walk along. It will be in the afternoon, stay tuned for the actual schedule. (We love to see parents in costume, too!)
- US Spirit Week: US students will be celebrating Spirit Week all week, with daily themes. Stay tuned.