These are steps we are taking and conversations we are having regularly with students at school:
- We have instituted schedules during the day when we disinfect commonly used/shared surfaces, such as desks and door knobs, iPads, etc.
- We are regularly reminding students of all ages to wash their hands, and how to do so properly.
- When hand-washing isn't readily convenient, we are doing the same with hand sanitizer.
- We are also reminding students to sneeze/cough into tissues or their elbow, to avoid touching their faces, and each other.
- And we are reminding students not to share food or water bottles, and to keep their hands to themselves.
Keeping up the conversation at home about proper hand washing and hygiene is paramount, and the more you reinforce the message, the more success we will have at school.